Tuesday Tools - Instant Pot
We love cooking with the Instant Pot. We got ours 2 years ago and now I don't know how we would live with out it. We use it all the time, not only does it pack so much flavor it is easy to use and easy to clean! In the winter we make Easy Chicken Ramen at least once a week. It is way better with the Ramen Eggs but even without this recipe is flavorful and delicious and warms you from the inside out. The other thing we make often in the spring and summer is Greek Chicken Bowls. This is yummy and light and packed with flavor.
Of course, we had to share a BrewBQ recipe that you can do in the Instant Pot. Our friend Alison created this and shared it with us. We tried it and it was amazing! We hope you love it!
Instant Pot BrewBQ Drumsticks
This recipe combines convenience, deliciously juicy chicken, and amazing BrewBQ Sauce flavor. By cooking the drumsticks in the Instant Pot, the chicken is done quickly and remains juicy, as opposed to oven baked options that can leave your chicken dry.
4-6 large chicken drumsticks (we used a pack from Butcher Box)
1 cup chicken broth
¼ and ⅔ cup BrewBQ Sauce Mix divided
⅓ cup liquid of your choice (we used a mixture of honey and water)
1. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into your Instant Pot and place the trivet on the bottom.
2. Toss your drumsticks in ¼ cup of dry BrewBQ Sauce Mix and then place them on the trivet
in the pot. The chicken broth should not be touching the drumsticks, they should be sitting just above the liquid.
3. Set your Instant Pot to manual pressure cook for 20 minutes and close the valve on the lid to sealing.
4. Meanwhile, make your BrewBQ Sauce by combining ⅔ cup of dry sauce mix with ⅓ cup of your liquid of choice. For me, I added a heaping tablespoon of honey to a ⅓ measuring cup and then filled the rest with water to get a honey BBQ sauce. Using honey whiskey also works great for this recipe. Mix well and then let the mixture sit while the drumsticks cook.
5. When your Instant Pot is done, manually release pressure. (Be careful of the hot steam!) Remove the drumsticks with tongs and place them on an oven safe rack over a cookie sheet. Optional: Line the cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup later.
6. Drizzle your BrewBQ Sauce over your drumsticks, turning them so they are fully coated.
Turn on your oven to broil and place the cookie sheet with the drumsticks in the oven. Let them broil for about 5 minutes on each side, removing them to turn them over. This step will crisp up the skin a little and cook the sauce so you get a deliciously sticky coating.
7. Plate the drumsticks with your favorite sides and spoon some of the sauce drippings from the pan over the chicken before you serve. Enjoy!
See the finished product below. It was great with some roasted broccoli and potatoes with gravy. We will share more of our favorite Instant Pot recipes in future posts. What is your favorite thing to cook in the Instant Pot or time saver trick for this great kitchen tool? Let us know in the comments. Happy Tuesday!